Baltic Power announces a tender to select a contractor who will be responsible for, among others, the preparation of documentation and the implementation of an investment process which, once the relevant administrative decisions have been obtained, will enable the execute construction works of the O&M Base which is dedicated to serve the Baltic Power Offshore Wind Farm.
The Fast Response Base [hereinafter: O&M Base] will be a functional complex consisting of a social and office building, a warehouse, a trans-shipment quay adapted to handle 3-4 CTV units, roads and maneuvering places. The area will be equipped with the necessary technical infrastructure enabling the implementation of the basic tasks of the O&M Base. The base and quay area will need to be properly paved, illuminated and drained. The existing quay, approx. 160 m long, will be rebuilt by constructing a new quay slab supported on an independent load-bearing structure, so as to reinforce the existing quay structure. The riverbed in front of the quay will require dredging works and the implementation of the appropriate riverbed strengthening. The base area will be connected to a public road, all necessary utilities including wireless connectivity will be provided, rainwater will be treated prior to discharge to the appropriate receiver, depending on the type of activity and place of discharge.
- Approximate area of the land intended for development is approx. 1.10 ha
- Approximate area of the social and utility building is approx. 1600 m2
- The approximate area of the warehouse building is approx. 800 m2
- The approximate length of the wharf that requires reinforcement is approx. 160m
As part of the procurement process, it is planned to select a Contractor who, on the basis of an EPCI agreement, will prepare the documentation and obtain its arrangements, conduct the investment process completed with obtaining appropriate administrative decisions enabling the construction of the O&M Base and build the Fast Response Base for the needs of the Baltic Power Offshore Wind Farm together with all its devices, networks and equipment necessary to start the operation of the facility. The implementation of the investment project in question will be carried out on the basis of the Contractual Conditions for devices and design and construction, Polish edition 2019 (translation 2nd edition 2017) prepared and published by the International Federation of Consulting Engineers (Federation Internationale des Ingenieurs - Conseils - FIDIC, PO Box 86, CH -1000 Lausanne 12-Chailly, Switzerland) (hereinafter referred to as the "FIDIC Conditions of Contract")
The expected subject of the contractor's work under the EPCI contract:
- Execution of all elements of the O&M Base along with the reconstruction of the quay, execution of the riverbed strengthening, and execution of the required networks and infrastructure based on the applicable Construction Law;
- Preparation of technical (construction and working) designs based on BIM technology, carrying out the necessary analyzes required for the proper performance of the contract and obtaining a permit for use;
- Integration of the O&M Base with the ICT system of the Offshore Wind Farm.
When selecting the Bidders who will be invited to submit bids, the following requirements will need to be confirmed:
1. Experience in design, procurement, management and construction services in the field of Construction:
- at least 3 (three) works involving the construction of cubature public utility buildings with a usable area of not less than 1000 m2 of a value of not less than PLN 20,000,000.00 gross each;
- within the last 10 years, and if the period of running this business activity is shorter - in this period, he has completed: at least 3 (three) construction works connected with the construction or reconstruction of marine hydrotechnical structures with a value of not less than PLN 5 000 000.00 gross each, [The Ordering Party will regard as a marine hydrotechnical structure within the meaning of the Regulation of the Minister of Transport and Maritime Economy of 1 June 1998 as a marine hydraulic structure on technical conditions to be fulfilled by maritime hydrotechnical structures and their location (Dz. U. z 1998 r. Nr 101, poz. 645):
In case of submitting a joint bid, the above condition can be fulfilled by contractors jointly, which means that each of the contractors can present one construction work of the scope and value described in the condition.
2. Experience in the implementation of building structures based on BIM technology and running the circulation of documentation and correspondence based on ACONEX or similar operating system.
3. Demonstration of the ability of engineering and management personnel to complete the full range of work. In particular:
- 1 (one) person designated for the position of Works Manager having building qualifications for managing construction works without limitations, specialization: hydraulic engineering or equivalent. The person must have experience in acting as the manager of works for at least 2 (two) completed construction works related to the construction of marine hydraulic structures of a minimum value of PLN 5,000,000. 00 gross each.
- 1 (one) person for the position of Site Manager with a construction license to manage construction works without limitations, specialization: construction and building. The person must have experience in acting as site manager for at least 2 (two) completed construction works related to the construction of cubature facilities of a minimum value of PLN 20,000,000.00 gross each.
- 1 (one) person appointed to the position of Designer, holding a construction license authorizing to design without limitations in the field of hydrotechnical engineering or equivalent. The person must have at least 5 years of experience counting from the date of obtaining the license, in executing project documentation for at least 2 (two) projects of marine hydrotechnical structures for which the legally valid occupancy permit was obtained with the value of the project works amounting to minimum PLN 150. 000,00 gross each.
- 1 (one) person appointed to the position of Designer, holding a construction license authorizing to design without limitation in the field of construction and building engineering. This person must have at least 5 years of experience counted from the date of obtaining the license in performing design documentation for at least 2 (two) cubature designs of public utility facilities for which a legally valid occupancy permit was obtained with a value of at least PLN 300. 000,00 gross each.
In the case of a joint bid, the attorney for the Contractors submitting a joint bid submits one list of persons on behalf of all the Economic Operators applying jointly for the award of the contract. The condition set by the Contracting Authority will be deemed fulfilled if Economic Operators applying jointly for the award of the contract meet this condition jointly.
4. Experience in the implementation of fuelinginstallations.
(Will be additional benefit - optional)
5. Experience in the implementation of telecommunications facilities and installations for remote management of production plants / transmission networks.
(Will be additional benefit - optional)
6. Presentation of the structure of the organization and systems in the field of HSSE / fire protection management and quality control for the entire scope of work.
7. Civil liability insurance to cover operations related to the subject matter of the contract for a guarantee amount not lower than PLN 10 000 000,00 (ten million PLN).
8. Performance bank guarantees will be required.
9. The ability to provide detailed documentation in the field of technical and commercial offers for the entire scope of work, detailing individual design industries and ranges of operating devices in the specified tender period.
Assumed time line for activities:
- Confirmation of interest by the bidders and declaration of compliance with the general conditions set out in this documentation.
Start: March 2022 | End: March 2022
- Internal bidder prequalification process.
Start: March 2022 | End: March 2022
- Publication of RFP via ACONEX to tenderers who passed the prequalification process
Start: April 2022
- Contract Implementation
Start: July 2022 | End: November 2024
If you meet the requirements described above and wish to participate in the tender process for the O&M Base EPCI for Baltic Power Offshore Wind Farm, please send your confirmation of interest to email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 22nd of March 2022 by 18:00.